Windows 8.1 has been available for a while now and I think it would be a good time to share with you some of the keyboard shortcut that I use the most. There is no doubt that Microsoft had done a lot of work in Windows 8.1 to please tablet users. If you are a normal desktop user like me, it might seem like you have to do everything with the mouse, but that is not true. If you learn some of the basic keyboard shortcuts, I think it will be a lot easier for you to navigate around in Windows 8.1 on your laptop or desktop PC. I think that most Windows users has a lot of habits on how we do stuff. When Microsoft change a lot of things in the UI as they have done with Windows 8 many of our habits gets broken and we will need to adjust. Learning the shortcuts below has been a big help for me to adapt the new UI of Windows 8.
My favorite keyboard shortcuts for Windows 8.1
Many of the shortcuts you already know for Windows 7 does still work in Windows 8.1, but Microsoft has added some extra combinations that make great sense in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 know that we don’t have the start menu anymore. Here is a list of my favorite shortcuts:
- [Windows Key + B] – Set focus in the notification area
- [Windows Key + D] – Show Desktop
- [Windows Key + I] – Settings
- [Windows Key + E] – Explorer
- [Windows Key + F] – Search for files
- [Windows Key + Q] – Search for Apps
- [Windows key + W] – Search for Settings
- [Windows Key + C] – Access the charms bar
- [Windows Key + K] – Open the Devices charm
- [Windows Key + PgUp/PgDn] – Toggle Modern Desktop between desktops
- [Windows Key + R] – Run Dialog
- [Windows Key + L] – Lock Computer
- [Windows Key + P] – Screens
What is your favorite shortcut for Windows 8?
What is your favorite keyboard shortcut that you use all the time? I think my favorite will be [Windows Key + L] to lock my computer. I use it all the time. Please drop me a comment below.
Do not forget to signup for my newsletter